A developer has proposed five apartment buildings in the Ojus neighborhood just west of Aventura.
The West Aventura Lofts would combine for 172 units. The project is led by Samir Dichy of Casa USA Brokers and all five buildings were designed in a similar style by Gustavo Spokolny of GS Architecture.
Miami-Dade County officials received five separate pre-applications for the five buildings. Developers file pre-applications to receive feedback from county staff before submitting official applications.
All five sites are located just west of the new Brightline passenger rail station under construction in Aventura, and east of the Sheck Hillel Community School. When completed, the Brightline station will connect Aventura to downtown Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton, West Palm Beach and eventually Orlando.
Dichy said West Aventura Lofts would operate a shuttle to drop off residents at the Brightline station and the Aventura Mall.
“This drop off service at Brightline Station will provide an opportunity to our residents to live in a modern building at a new trendy area while working in downtown Miami, Brickell, Fort Lauderdale or Palm Beach without having to pay the expensive rents of these locations,” Dichy said. “It is all about convenience.”
The buildings would also have a “one bill concept” where services such as internet, cable, automated building access via the smartphone, a shared office, and housekeeping/laundry are included in the monthly payment, he added. Each building would have its own fitness center and outdoor pool. Units would range from studios to two bedrooms.
The location and sizes of the West Aventura Lofts would be as follows:
- The 0.41-acre site at 2525 and 2541 N.E. 192nd St. would have a 9-story building totaling 52,421 square feet with 46 apartments.
- The 0.35-acre site at 2595 N.E. 182nd Terrace would have an 8-story building totaling 42,626 square feet with 46 apartments.
- The 0.33-acre site at 2530 and 2540 N.E. 192nd St. would have an 8-story building totaling 35,052 square feet with 36 apartments.
- The 0.25-acre site at 2560 and 2562 N.E. 192nd St. would have an 8-story building totaling 25,901 square feet with 26 apartments.
- The 0.27-acre site at 2401 N.E. 187th St. would have a 6-story building totaling 21,419 square feet with 18 units
All of these properties currently have single-family homes or duplexes. Dichy has been assembling them for about seven years.
Dichy’s co-developers for West Aventura Lofts include Juan C. Lousada Blanco, Juan M. Lousada Gil, Josefina Lousada Gil, and Ericka Alves, according to state corporate records.