As the popular Wynwood Arts District evolves it is enjoying a boom in new office space, including a large mixed-use project that will bring a working campus of two 8-story sister buildings at Northwest Fifth Avenue and 27th Street.
WYN ON 5TH NORTH, at 2701 NW Fifth Ave., and WYN ON 5TH SOUTH, at 2661 NW Fifth Ave., are proposing together nearly 250,000 square feet of offices.
Developer-applicant RAL Tricap Wynwood LLC presented the project March 16 to the City of Miami’s Urban Development Review Board, which recommended approval.
The northern building is to offer 106,414 square feet of offices and 6,961 square feet of commercial-retail use, along with 268 parking spaces and 33 bike spaces. The southern building is designed with 139,254 square feet of offices, 15,999 square feet of commercial-retail use, along with parking for 377 vehicles and 36 bike spaces.
The buildings will total 578,325 square feet of floor area.
Each building will have an enclosed garage and an activated roof deck.
The developer seeks several waivers:
- Increase maximum lot coverage to 35,254 square feet, or 88.6%, where up to 80% is permitted.
- A less than 30% reduction in total required parking spaces for a project within a transit corridor area.
- Above-ground parking on a secondary frontage to extend into the second layer beyond 50% of the length of the frontage.
- Parking contained within a mezzanine space.
- Extensions above the maximum height for stair, elevator, mechanical enclosures, habitable space, or non-habitable rooms.
The board voted to recommend approval with a recommendation to study alignment of the entrances at street level, and a condition to study the proposed artwork on the façade at street level to have it be more Wynwood-like.
Source: Miami Today