A 12-story mixed-use residential building is planned for a site where Wynwood meets Edgewater in Miami.
Developer Wynwood Owner LLC is proposing the project, 2100 NMA, at 2100 N Miami Ave.
The building will be home to 339 residential units with amenities, and about 407 on-site parking spaces and five on-street parking spaces.
The city’s Urban Development Review Board unanimously recommended approval.
Along with the residential uses, the building is to include 25,653 square feet of retail and 18,713 square feet of amenities.
Carli Koshal, an attorney representing the developer, said the property at the northwest corner of North Miami Avenue and Northwest 21st Street is 65,842 square feet, or 1.512 acres. The structure will amount to 503,000 square feet of floor area.
The developer is requesting zoning code waivers to allow:
- A 30% reduction in required parking spaces within a transit corridor
- Up to 10% increase related to lot coverage
- Up to a 10% increase related to setbacks above the eighth floor along Northwest Miami Court
- Up to a 10% increase in floorplate length and floorplate area
- Substitution of two residential loading berths for one commercial berth
- Spacing of vehicular entries along Northwest First Avenue
Ms. Koshal told the board the property was rezoned to permit structures of this size and mass.
Arquitectonica is the architect.
Source: Miami Today